Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sketch Tuesday!

This was our first time to participate in Sketch Tuesday and the kids enJOYed it a lot! The assignment was to sketch items found in a first aid kit. Here's what they created:

Cason, age 8

Katelyn, age 11

Carrie, age 5

I'm trying to incorporate more ART into our days. I recently had the opportunity to review an ARTistic Pursuits book {which I love!} and it sparked a quest to motivate my kiddos to be more artsy. We are going to start using our Nature Journal more and instead of me always printing off a sheet to color, I want them to draw the things we see in nature. To help them with sketching I thought the Sketch Tuesday assignments would encourage them to sketch more often. I also found a *super* deal on a beginning drawing program by Barry Stebbing. Barry Stebbing is an artist and owner of How Great Thou Art [Christian art curriculum for home schoolers].

I will give a review of this program once I get it and start using it. For $19.95...it is worth a try! I hope the AFA site keeps it on their site.

Have an ART~filled day! Isn't the weather beautiful!? I LOVE spring!



No comments:

Post a Comment